Hotel Cipriani and the managing director of The Peninsula Beverly Hills topped the Virtuoso 2011 “Best of the Best” hotel awards presented at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
This marks the fifth year the by-invitation-only luxury travel network Virtuoso and its magazine VIRTUOSO LIFE have held the awards.
“This year’s ‘Best of the Best’ award recipients have truly earned the title,” said Albert Herrera, vice president of hotels, destinations & tours at Virtuoso. “In a world where ‘luxury’ has become one of the most overused words, the individuals who took home awards raise the bar for everyone in the hospitality industry by focusing on delivering the best and most personal experience, one guest at a time.”
Hotel of the Year went to Hotel Cipriani & Palazzo Vendramin in Venice, Italy. Hotelier of the Year went to Offer Nissenbaum, managing director of The Peninsula Beverly Hills in Beverly Hills, California.
Other award-winners included:
- Best Achievement in Design: The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
- Best Culinary Experience: Le 114 Faubourg at Hotel Le Bristol, Paris
- Best Bar: American Bar at The Savoy, London
- Best Family Program: Montage Deer Valley, Park City, Utah
- Best Spa: Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa, Miami Beach, Florida
- Most Innovative Guest Experience: Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, Montana
- Most Socially Responsible: Rosewood Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- One to Watch: The St. Regis Lhasa Resort, Lhasa, China