In an effort to deepen its footprint in South Asia, Radisson Hotel Group has signed 12 hotels across several of its brands, including Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Radisson, Radisson Individuals and its extension Radisson Individuals Retreats, which was created for the Indian market.
The new properties, soon-to-be located in key gateway and emerging destinations, will add over 1,000 rooms to the company’s domestic network by 2026.
With the launch of India-focused brands, like Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, the group has boosted its brand infrastructure. Radisson has partnered with Ruptub Solutions to develop a pipeline of 150 hotels under the new brand over the next 10 years. The inaugural property is scheduled to open in Guruvayur, Kerala, in 2024.
Around 80% of the new deals have helped the group deepen its footprint in India’s emerging leisure destinations. In 2022, Radisson opened seven hotels across India and its first experiential resort — Rakkh Resort, a member of Radisson Individuals Retreats.
Besides new signings in India, Radisson also announced the opening of two additional hotels in Nepal: Radisson Hotel Bhairawa and Radisson Hotel Biratnagar.
“2022 was a remarkable year for us as we established a robust pipeline of 150 hotels for the next decade. In tandem with our ambitious five-year expansion plan for the region, we remain invested in identifying the right partners for signing and opening brand-defining hotels. Radisson Hotel Group is a 25-year-old organization in India and guest satisfaction, and value maximization for our owners backed by an excellence-driven mindset of our employees are the key enablers behind our strong growth trajectory,” said Managing Director & Senior Area Vice President, South Asia, Radisson Hotel Group, Zubin Saxena.
Radisson has more than 150 hotels in operation and development in over 60 locations in India. Over 50% of its portfolio caters to the tier I and III markets.
Radisson’s signings in 2022 include:
- Radisson Hotel Chandrapur: The 120-room hotel in Chandrapur, Maharashtra, is expected to open in 2026.
- Radisson Hotel Bhairawa: The 103-room hotel in Bhairawa, Nepal, will open in 2024.
- Radisson Hotel Biratnagar: Located in Nepal, the 145-room hotel will open in 2024.
- Radisson RED Amritsar: The second Radisson RED hotel will open in Amritsar, Punjab, in 2026.
- Park Inn by Radisson Amritsar GT Road: The hotel will open in 2025 near the Punjab cities of Amritsar and Jalandhar.
- GIFT City Club, a member of Radisson Individuals: The 103-room hotel in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City is expected to open later this year.
- Namah Resort Jim Corbett, a member of Radisson Individuals: Located near the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand, the hotel will open later this year.
- Uday Palace Navsari, a member of Radisson Individuals: The 100-room property, located in Navsari, Gujarat, will open later this year.
- Grand Mirage, a member of Radisson Individuals: Located in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, is scheduled to open later this year.
- Rakkh Resort, a member of Radisson Individuals Retreats: The fully operational resort located in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, was the first signing and opening under the Radisson Individuals Retreats brand.
- Vilasita Resort, a member of Radisson Individuals Retreats: Scheduled to open later this year, the hotel is situated on the Kasauli main road – Dharampur Solan road in Himachal Pradesh.
- The Manu Maharani Nainital, a member of Radisson Individuals Retreats: Located in Nainital, Uttarakhand, the hotel will open in 2024.