BETHESDA, MARYLAND Marriott International’s flagship brand, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, has a pipeline of 49 hotels and resorts to open in the next four years worldwide. Hotels under development will be mostly in emerging destinations, with 24 hotels in the Asia Pacific region, nine in the Middle East and Africa, four in Europe and 12 in the Americas.
“We are thrilled to announce this major growth trajectory of new hotels—each with its own unique design and sense of place, but the same high standard of service and amenities that Marriott Hotels & Resorts provides to discerning and high-achieving business, meeting and leisure travelers worldwide,” says Paul Cahill, senior vice president, brand management for Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
Six hotels are expected to open this year. They are:
- The 295-key Shanghai Marriott Luwan, opening this month on the Huangpu River in the popular Luwan district.
- The 364-key Jaipur Marriott Hotel, opening this month as Marriott International’s debut in the Rajasthan capital.
- The 720-key Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, opening this summer in the heart of downtown.
- The 319-key Guangzhou Marriott Hotel Tianhe, opening this fall in the Tianhe district of China’s third largest city.
- The 199-key Rayong Marriott Resort & Spa, opening in late fall in an emerging international leisure destination situated on the Gulf of Thailand.
- The 392-key Haikou Marriott Resort and Spa, opening in late fall as part of the new Hainan International Conference & Exhibition Center.
The rest of the Marriott brand’s development pipeline follows:
- 223-key Marriott Mexico City, Santa Fe, Mexico (2012)
- 425-key Chicago Marriott Naperville (2012)
- 200-key Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, Wisconsin (2012)
- 278-key Cartagena Marriott Hotel (2013)
- 201-key Marriott Hotel Georgetown, Guyana (2013)
- 250-key Atlanta Marriott Sugarloaf Parkway (2013)
- 232-key Marriott Memphis Southeast, Tennessee (2013)
- 284-key Peoria Marriott Downtown, Illinois (2013)
- 1,175-key Washington Marriott Marquis, District of Columbia (2014)
- 252-key Louisville Marriott Southeast, Kentucky (2014)
- 17-key Cartegena Marriott Residence (2014)
- 306-key St. Kitts-Marriott Residences at Frigate Bay (2015)
- 392-key Haikou Marriott Resort and Spa, China (2012)
- 328-key Shanghai Marriott Jinqiao Pudong, China (2012)
- 418-key Wuxi Marriott Hotel, China (2012)
- 324-key Bangalore Marriott Hotel Whitefield (2012)
- 320-key Xi’an Marriott Hotel, China (2012)
- 261-key Mumbai Marriott Hotel Kurla (2012)
- 310-key Marriott Zhuhai/Jida, China (2012)
- 280-key Nha Trang Marriott Hotel, Vietnam (2012)
- 118-key Mulu Marriott Resort, Malaysia (2012)
- 114-key Marriott Residences Koh Samui at Laem Set Beach, Thailand (2012)
- 300-key Bangalore Marriott Golf Resort & Convention Center (2013)
- 354-key Shenzhen Marriott Hotel West (2013)
- 155-key Koh Samui Marriott Resort & Spa at Laem Set Beach, Thailand (2013)
- 250-key Hoi An Marriott Resort & Spa, Vietnam (2013)
- 445-key Marriott Resort Xiangshui Bay, Sanya, China (2014)
- 280-key Yiwu Marriott Hotel, China (2014)
- 350-key Marriott Noida, India (2014)
- 400-key Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiang, China (2014)
- 330-key Shanghai Marriott Hotel Minhang, China (2014)
- 224-key Krasnodar Marriott Hotel, Russia (2012)
- 152-key Marriott Amburan Beach, Baku, Azerbaijan (2013)
- 272-key Marriott Helsinki Espoo (2013)
- 180-key Marriott Hotel Skopje, Macedonia (2013)
Middle East and Africa
- 254-key Kigali Marriott Hotel (2012)
- 294-key Sahl Haseesh Marriott Beach Resort, Egypt (2012)
- 209-key Accra Marriott Hotel, Ghana (2013)
- 540-key Makkah Marriott Hotel, Mecca (2014)
- 315-key Abu Dhabi Marriott Hotel (2014)
- 222-key Algiers Marriott Hotel (2014)
- 355-key Dubai Marriott Hotel Health Care City (2014)
- 187-key Marrakech Marriott Hotel (2015)
- 248-key Sharjah Marriott Resort (2015)