Continuing its expansion across the U.S., Hyatt Hotels Corp. plans to grow its presence across the country and debut in new markets as well as in airport locations in key markets.
This comes on the heels of the company announcing progress in the development of the Hyatt Studios brand, Hyatt’s new select service brand, including executed franchisee agreements for the first locations in Mobile, Ala., and Marysville, Calif. Groundbreaking for the Mobile location is expected in Q4 2023.
“As part of Hyatt’s commitment to listen to our owners and take action on their feedback, Hyatt continues to identify white space in sought-after markets,” said Jim Tierney, senior vice president, development and owner relations, Hyatt.
Based on their growth strategy, Hyatt is focusing on expanding in new markets and growing their base with new developers and owners without creating intra-brand competition.
Hyatt has an impressive pipeline of select service brands in the U.S. This year, as part of the expansion strategy of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands in the country, Hyatt is set to add 14 new owners to their family and grow the existing Hyatt portfolios for five owners.
By the end of this year, Hyatt aims to have an established presence in U.S. markets, which currently do not have a Hyatt-branded hotel in five miles.
The Hyatt Place hotels slated to open this year are:
- Hyatt Place Albany in Albany, N.Y.
- Hyatt Place Flagstaff in Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Hyatt Place Munster in Munster, Ind.
- Hyatt Place Newark/Main Street in Newark, Del.
- Hyatt Place St. Augustine/Vilano Beach in St. Augustine, Fla.
The company plans to launch the Hyatt House brand in these markets:
- Hyatt House Bentonville/Rogers in Rogers, Ark.
- Hyatt House Colorado Springs Airport in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Hyatt House Lansing/University Area Lansing in Lansing, Mich.
- Hyatt House Mall of America/MSP Airport in Bloomington, Minn.
- Hyatt House Vacaville in Vacaville, Calif.
Ever since Jay Pritzker founded Hyatt in 1957 with the acquisition of the Hyatt House motel adjacent to Los Angeles International Airport, Hyatt established its name as a brand for travelers.
Continuing this legacy, Hyatt has expanded its brand footprint at airports in the U.S. with enhanced offerings, like complimentary breakfast and elevated in-room amenities, which appeal to both leisure and business travelers.
These are the new additions to Hyatt hotels at airport destinations:
- Hyatt House Orlando Airport in Orlando
- Hyatt House Sacramento Airport/Natomas in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Place Melbourne Airport in Melbourne, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Sacramento International Airport
Hyatt is also renovating existing properties. Some include 17 Hyatt Place hotels under the Service Properties Trust ownership group, which will begin later this year.
As part of the Hyatt House brand refresh launched in late 2022, which included an updated brand identity and media campaign, one of the standout features is the introduction of next-generation rooms. The rooms will feature residential-inspired elements like a modern media console, hard surface flooring, rounded-edge vanity mirror, vinyl task chairs, an updated kitchen island for dining and working, big ottomans and more.
Based on guest feedback, the new design is created to cater to travelers’ evolving lifestyles and hybrid work models while incorporating elements that guests have enjoyed in the past, such as an inviting living room, kitchen, big bedrooms and a full closet.