Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the independent hotel brand, has strengthened its global portfolio and welcomed 13 new member properties between October and December 31, 2023.
Ranging from a Sicilian resort with an old-world charm to a vineyard retreat in Argentina at the foot of the Andes Mountains, each of the additions offers unique, exclusive experiences.
“Presenting a multitude of options for travelers seeking the finest, authentic independent hotel experiences, these new additions mark continued growth and development of the brand’s global footprint in key markets – including five new members from Catalonia Hotels & Resorts, increasing our offering in Spain to more than 30 properties,” said Preferred Hotels & Resorts CEO Lindsey Ueberroth.
Here are some of the notable additions to the portfolio:
- Azul Hotel & Retreat in Guanacaste, Costa Rica — Lifestyle Collection: Located in the Playa Azul area on the Pacific Coast, the resort is surrounded by jungle and beach. The resort features 23 rooms, ranging from rooms to suites and private villas. Amenities include two restaurants and a bar, a gym, in-room spa treatments, a pool and jacuzzi, workplaces, a yoga platform, complimentary surfboard rental and exclusive beach access. Guests can enjoy sea and land activities and visit the nearby Diria National Park and Sibu Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Camp Creek Inn in Inlet Beach, Fla. — L.V.X. Collection: The Louisiana French Creole-inspired property offers 75 rooms and suites and is surrounded by native pine, oak and cypress trees. Guests enjoy access to the Watersound Beach Club’s white-sand beach and two beachfront pools, along with Camp Creek Golf Course and Shark’s Tooth Golf Course. On-site amenities include three dining options, a wellness center and tennis and pickleball courts.
- Almar Giardino di Costanza in Mazara del Vallo, Italy — L.V.X. Collection: Located near the Mediterranean Sea, close to Sicily, the hotel offers ultra-luxe modern amenities. With 86 all-suite accommodations, all rooms have a private balcony or a terrace. Amenities include a restaurant, lounge, pool and pool bar, a spa offering treatments based on classic Chinese medicine and a private beach.
- Entre Cielos Wine & Wellness Hotel in Mendoza, Argentina — L.V.X. Collection: The 24-key hotel is situated among Malbec vineyards with views of the Andes Mountains. With its own vineyard, the hotel includes a farm-to-table bistró, a spa, a hammam with a six-stage circuit and treatments and a fine arts museum.
- The Editory Boulevard Aliados Port in Porto, Portugal — Lifestyle Collection: Located in Porto, the hotel features 68 rooms and suites across seven accommodation types. Amenities include an outdoor heated pool, a restaurant and a circus-themed bar.
The other properties to join Preferred’s portfolio between October 1 and December 31, 2023 include:
- Grand Hotel Djibloho in Ciudad de la Paz, Equatorial Guinea — L.V.X Collection
- Tembo Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain — Lifestyle Collection and Preferred Residences
- Catalonia Passeig de Gracia in Barcelona — Lifestyle Collection
- Catalonia Las Cortes in Madrid, Spain — Lifestyle Collection
- Hotel Catalonia Ronda (Ronda, Spain) – Lifestyle Collection
- Hotel Catalonia Donosti in San Sebastián, Spain — Lifestyle Collection
- Catalonia Santo Domingo in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic — Lifestyle Collection
- SoHo Residences Toronto in Toronto, Canada — Preferred Residences
All these properties participate in the I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the loyalty program by Preferred, which has over 4.5 million enrolled members. Currently, Preferred has more than 600 hotels, residences and hotel groups in 80 countries.