With a new Bank of America Merrill Lynch study suggesting 174 million Chinese tourists will spend US$264 billion by 2019 compared with the 109 million who spent US$164 billion in 2014, it should come as no surprise that Hilton Worldwide on Tuesday announced the expansion of Hilton Huanying (huan y?ng) – a program that offers Chinese travelers a customized hospitality experience during their stay – to more than 110 Hilton Worldwide properties globally.
With this expansion, Hilton Huanying – deriving its name from the Chinese word for ‘welcome’ – will now greet guests at participating hotels under brands including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and DoubleTree by Hilton in more than 30 countries and 65 cities popular among Chinese travelers, including Tokyo, Seoul, London, Paris, New York and San Francisco.
Huanying program offerings have been expanded to include additional locations, expanded traditional breakfast options and a 24-hour interpretation service that Mandarin-speaking guests may access during their travels.
These offerings were added while maintaining Huanying’s focus on three signature hospitality touch points: the arrival experience, guest room amenities and the breakfast experience. The complete list of Huanying offerings include:
- Huanying Greeting: a welcome note in Simplified Chinese
- Mandarin interpretation service (Many properties offer Mandarin speaking team member(s) as well)
Guest room amenities
- Tea kettles
- Jasmine tea
- Dedicated Mandarin-speaking television channel
- Two varieties of congee with condiments, fried rice or fried noodles, a dim sum selection, fried dough fritters (crullers), hard boiled eggs, Chinese tea, fresh fruit and soy milk
- Chinese culinary utensils including chopsticks, Chinese spoons and a soy sauce dish
“Since being introduced in 2011 at 51 properties in 13 countries, Huanying has empowered more than a million Chinese travelers to explore new destinations with the comforts of home,” said Rob Palleschi, global head, full service brands, Hilton Worldwide. “We are very proud of this program, and the benefits are clear. Chinese travelers who stay at Huanying properties express a greater overall satisfaction in their hospitality experience.”