A company controlled by the estate and family of Ernest Hemingway has entered into an agreement to launch a hotel brand named after the famous author.
Hemingway Ltd., New York City, signed a worldwide license agreement to develop the brand with Hemingway Hotels & Resorts, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, which has entered into a management partnership with Trust Hospitality, Coral Gables, Florida.
“We have been evaluating a number of potential locations. Hemingway properties will provide a travel adventure experience through a combination of unique accommodations, urban and outdoor activities and a level of service consistent with luxury-branded hotels,” said Tuckey Devlin, Hemingway Hotels & Resorts president.
Hemingway Hotels & Resorts is listing these stipulations as development criteria:
- In order to bear the Hemingway name, a property must be located in a market that has a relationship with the great author and his literature or the lifestyle and opportunity for adventure that those locales suggest
- Our properties must have a drop off area/porte cochere, lobby/arrival area, bar, restaurant and spa treatment rooms and meet international 4-star standards at a minimum for quality in terms of both construction and amenities
- Guest rooms must also meet these four star criteria and in most cases we will seek to offer a mix of oversized guest rooms and suites
- Size of back of house areas and parking criteria are determined by hotel size and complexity
- New sites will be designed in conjunction with our approved architects. Existing sites will be subject to construction
- Technology, furniture, fixtures and equipment will be developed in accordance to our quality standards as are operating supplies and equipment
- Upon engagement with Hemingway Hotels and Resorts, prospective developers will be provided with more detailed specifications of the above as part of the development documents provided and much of this will also be dictated by each site so in most cases the specific criteria and specifications will be developed on a bespoke basis for each project