Every so often everyone needs to recharge the batteries. I believe in hard work, and we all know the hotel business is 24/7, but I always do my best thinking when I get a chance to relax.
The power of rest can do wonders for both the physical and mental. I know I need to rest when:
- My mind wanders.
- I get sick.
- I start forgetting things.
- I start skipping exercise.
- I don’t sleep well.
- I can’t put down the mobile.
- I worry too much.
- I don’t make time to read.
- I don’t eat right.
- I don’t have enough time for my kids.
- I haven’t been to a sporting event, movie or play.
- I don’t feel like working.
It’s a funny thing — the better rested you are, the better your work will be.