Is your house being transformed into a bed and breakfast this holiday season? This time of year might immediately immerse you into the hospitality industry depending on the number of guests overnighting with you.
While you may spend the majority of your work time providing excellent service for others, it is important to remember to take care of family. Use a little creativity this season so your relatives and friends will remember their holiday with you forever!
- Put chocolates on their pillows at night with “turndown” service.
- Send a mini-bottle assortment of different liquors to their bedroom.
- Download their favorite movies on an iPad for them.
- Prepare a continental breakfast for your guests or offer “room service” delivery.
- Buy some new fluffy bath towels and washcloths.
- Have a collection of mini toiletry items so they can leave their toothbrush and shampoo at home.
Many of my friends are talking about crowded houses and the additional stress that often comes with in-laws and relatives. Cherish this time together and create some new traditions this year. Perhaps by looking forward to surprising and giving to others, you will have less focus on concern and less time to worry about the potential negativity.
Happy, happy holidays!