From disconnect to seamless guest experience
- Require the managers of all leased outlets to attend the hotel’s weekly department head meeting, sales meeting, forecast meetings and safety committee meetings.
- Require the general manager or another member of the executive team to attend all relevant food and beverage meetings and participate in discussion of procedural issues, menu selection and pricing.
- Initiate a regularly scheduled catering meeting and put in place procedures regarding the handling of banquet inquiries and site inspections.
- Require staff of all leased outlets to participate in a hotel orientation program.
- Schedule quarterly information meetings with all leased outlet personnel to convey hotel happenings and to solicit feedback on guest comments.
My goal in implementing these procedures was to erase the barriers between the hotel’s management team and its leased outlets that had been artificially established by the “deal makers.” You’ll ask if any of this had an impact on the hotel’s bottom line. Tell me what you think.